When it comes to facial plastic surgery, it’s important to think of the big picture. Many men and women develop multiple signs of aging all at once. Droopy cheeks, a sagging jawline, and a wrinkled neck are all common issues for those in their 40s, 50s, and beyond.
Many people ask if there’s a way they can safely rejuvenate their entire facial area by combining different procedures. The short answer is yes. If you want the best possible results, consider combining your facelift with neck lift surgery. As a Toronto plastic surgeon, I’ve helped countless patients with a customized treatment plan for their needs. If you want to turn back the clock and look like a younger version of yourself, combining facelift and neck lift surgery may be right for you.
Before committing to either procedure, it’s good to know how the process works. A facelift is a cosmetic surgery that lifts and reframes sagging skin and facial muscles. It improves facial sagging, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, and restores the face to a more youthful shape. At our practice, we offer two types of facelifts: a full facelift or a mini facelift. Which technique you choose depends on the area of the face you wish to treat.
- Full Facelift: Also known as a “complete facelift,” this procedure rejuvenates the lower two-thirds of the face. The treatment involves lifting the upper layer of skin while also adjusting the deeper SMAS layer, which is responsible for controlling facial expressions.
- Mini Facelift: For patients who want a smaller scar and shorter recovery time, a mini facelift can be an excellent option. While it only corrects signs of aging in the lower half of the face, this approach is less invasive than a traditional facelift.
Neck Lift Surgery
The face isn’t the only area to feel the effects of age, sun damage, and gravity. Sagging skin and excess fat can collect below the chin, creating an unflattering “turkey neck” look. Neck lift surgery is a good option for those who want to fix “crepey” neck skin, excess fat, or deep wrinkles. It works well for defining the shape of the jawline and creating a firm, youthful profile.
Can You Combine a Facelift and Neck Lift?
Signs of aging can affect nearly every part of the face. Your brows, cheeks, and neck can all sag, giving your face a square-jawed appearance. As both a facelift and a neck lift address adjacent areas, the procedures can be easily combined when you’re in the operating room. We usually combine a full facelift with a neck lift to tighten lax skin, lift sagging muscles, and correct vertical neck banding all at once.
Benefits of Combining Face and Neck Lift Surgery
If you want more than one facial procedure, there are many benefits to combining treatments. A few of the perks of undergoing a single combined procedure include:
- Saving Money: Some fees are charged each time you have surgery, such as anesthesia and operating room costs. If you bundle your procedures together, you can avoid having these fees stack up and instead pay only a single bill.
- A Shorter Recovery Period: Healing from surgery impacts your life on physical, mental, and financial levels. You’ll save time and PTO when you only need to accommodate a single recovery period.
- More Extensive Results: If you only address one area of your face, you may still feel distracted by other problem areas. You can create more extensive, comprehensive results by combining facial procedures and fixing all of your concerns at once.
Is Facial Plastic Surgery Right for You?
Facial plastic surgery can be a great option for people from all walks of life. Men and women in their 40s, 50s, and beyond enjoy the anti-aging benefits of a facelift or a neck lift. Ideal facial surgery candidates are those who are in good overall health but want to lift and tighten wrinkled, sagging skin. However, a single, longer procedure may not be the best option for older patients with preexisting health conditions.
If you’re interested in a facelift or neck lift, our experienced plastic surgery team can walk you through your treatment options. Our staff is ready to help you find the best solution for your cosmetic goals.
Browse our before-and-after gallery to see examples of real results from past patients. To learn more about your rejuvenation options, request a consultation online or call our plastic surgery offices in Toronto at (416) 925-7337 or Oshawa (905) 743-9888.
Leave a Reply