Scars are a normal part of any life — from indentations left behind by chicken pox to surgical scars, injuries, and more. If you’re bothered by the appearance of a scar anywhere on your face or body, Dr. Derek Ford and Dr. Steven Hanna have the experience and skill needed for successful scar revision at Ford Plastic Surgery in Toronto, helping you live the confident lifestyle you deserve.
To learn more about your options for scar management and other medical spa services at Ford Plastic Surgery, request a consultation online, or call our Toronto office at (416) 925-7337 or our Oshawa office at (905) 743-9888.
Derek Ford and Dr. Steven Hanna have the experience and skill needed for successful scar revision at Ford Plastic Surgery in Toronto, helping you live the confident lifestyle you deserve.
Here are some tips for caring for your incisions after surgery:
- At 3 weeks after surgery, begin applying a silicone-based cream, such as Dermatix® to your incisions twice daily (in the morning and at night). Continue using the product for up to 6 months.
- Massage your scars before applying Dermatix.
- Apply a broad-spectrum sunblock of SPF 30 or greater to your scars any time you go outdoors. For facial surgery scars, wear your hair down or a hat to minimize the risk of hyperpigmentation.
- We recommend ZO® Skin Health products to further reduce hyperpigmentation and improve skin quality following surgery.
- Both Dermatix and ZO Skin Health products are available for purchase from Ford Plastic Surgery.
Because each scar is different, treating your scar effectively requires a customized treatment plan. Some patients may benefit from Morpheus8 RF microneedling, a nonsurgical treatment that minimizes the appearance of scars and stretch marks. During your visit, you and your skincare provider work together to develop a treatment plan that resolves your scar as much as possible. Depending on the age and characteristics of your scar, our skincare experts may recommend a product available at our office to boost your skincare routine and help fade your scars at home.
Caroline Watson, Aesthetician
With a passion for skin care nurtured by more than 20 years of experience in the beauty industry, Caroline uses her expertise to address each patient's unique needs. Besides performing nonsurgical treatments such as microneedling in the office, Caroline helps patients create at-home skincare regimens to maintain healthy, glowing skin.Meet Caroline Watson
See the possibilities of Dr. Ford’s work for yourself when you visit our gallery of real patient before-and-after photos.View Photo Gallery